In the name of Jesus Christ, the Mercer Island Presbyterian Church will actively engage in ministry to
1) work on behalf of the poor, vulnerable and needy, 2) to achieve justice and 3) to share the love of God in the world.
- To equip and encourage lay leadership and congregants to serve in a greater number of mission projects.
- To provide a multitude of ways that the congregation can act as servants and instruments of God’s love.
- To facilitate “family” connections with communities of people who are other than us, in our city, nation and world.
- To provide biblical and practical mission education.
- To work in partnership with ethnically, culturally and religiously diverse churches.
- To engage partners that demonstrate high levels of opportunity for lay participation, congregational support and qualified staff.
- To increase the number of short-term mission trips to support our mission partners: affirming and equipping lay leadership in the use of their gifts. Teams of all kinds: work, medical and teaching.